Well I made it through one week of the Whole 30!
I found this calendar on the Whole 30 website and it’s been pretty accurate in my experience thus far. You can download and print the calendar here.
- Day 1- Didn’t notice any difference.
- Day 2- Nothing changed.
- Day 3- Massive headache like a hangover headache.
- Day 4- Still had a hangover AND felt pretty moody. Peeing every 5 minutes….I definitely lost some water weight.
- Day 5- Headache is finally gone. Feeling moody but better. Also feeling more energy.
- Day 6- Overall I haven’t experienced any sugar cravings from Day 1-6. Felt very tired though.
- Day 7- Just had my first craving for chocolate today. It passed relatively quickly though. I had a quick burst of energy in the morning and then I was tired for the rest of the day.
It helped to bake a couple of sweet potatoes over the weekend so I could grab them to add into a few of my meals. I made tacos for my kids and threw some taco meat on my sweet potato, surprisingly it wasn’t bad and it helped not having to make two entirely separate meals.
The biggest challenge has been eating out. I had to build my own salad which truthfully was not fantastic. I’d rather stay home and make my own.
Morning time is insane here so I searched for an easy smoothie recipes. Here is the one I used and altered it slightly with chia seeds. Everyone in the family enjoyed it!
- Banana and a half frozen
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk with vanilla
- 1 tbsp. of Almond Butter
- 1 tsp. Chia Seed