Week two has proven to be much more difficult than the first. The struggle is real friends. There were so many times I was ready to throw in the towel but at day 12 I knew that was no longer an option since I was nearly half way there. So I powered through!
- Day 8-Nothing major here a few more cravings than usual.
- Day 9- Went out to eat and that was tough, was feeling incredibly frustrated that I couldn’t find anything on the menu that was Whole 30 approved.
- Day 10-Not loving life today.
- Day 11-OMG…I want to CRY I’m craving anything that is not on the list. Even things I didn’t particularly like before. I want it because I can’t have it. My family is lucky I didn’t have a temper tantrum today.
- Day 12- No cravings today.
- Day 13- Really didn’t eat much at all today.
- Day 14- First dream about sugar but overall no cravings and the sight of anything unhealthy doesn’t appeal to me.
This was a rough week but I’ve discovered a few new recipes that the family and I are loving. I’m at the halfway mark, there’s no going back. Although, I haven’t checked my weight, everything is feeling a little looser.
The picture shown is Big Turkey Meatballs with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes on page 115 of the Whole 30 Fast & Easy cookbook. The first time I made them I swapped the Almond Flour for Coconut Flour. Do not try this. They were so dry, lesson learned. This is another one of those recipes you can make on Sunday night so you have a lunch ready to go for two days.
Disclosure: I’m not an expert on the Whole 30. Sharing my experience.