Have you ordered your March POPSUGAR Must Have box? Click here!
Sea Life Park Hawaii
There are certainly never ending things to do and sites to see while visiting Oahu. Sea Life Park is one of them. Comparatively speaking to places like Sea World in San Diego or Orlando it is a relatively small park but very easy to navigate. We arrived right as it opened and were able to visit all of the shows within just a few hours. I’ve been to this park a few times over the years and still am so mesmerized and fascinated by the dolphin shows. Chills every time! Not to mention you cannot beat the backdrop!
A few things I learned at Sea Life Park over the weekend.
The difference between a Seal and a Sea Lion…I feel like I probably should have known this already given my age. But honestly never even gave it a thought until now.
- Barks loudly
- They can walk on land by rotating their large flippers forward.
- Their ear flaps are visible
- Are less social than Sea Lions.
- They spend more time in the water and maintain solitary lives.
- They come to shore only once a year to meet and mate.
A Wholphin is an extremely rare hybrid of a Whale (false killer whale) and a dolphin (bottlenose dolphin).